About Us: Our Events
Our mission is to encourage reading, inspire creativity and introduce young people to Authors and Illustrators through live events.
We bring Authors & Illustrators in to schools and libraries to engage directly with children, teenagers, families and teachers.
Whether you want to host a single visit or a full week of events, establish a Patron of Reading or Patron of Illustration, run creative workshops, or have a Poet or Scientist come in . . . we can help!
Our Complete Service includes helping you select Authors & Illustrators and arranging a programme for the day. We will take you through your initial booking enquiry and confirmation, supply books, and even help run the event itself.
We always accompany our Authors / Illustrators on visits (where time and distance permits*) and provide schools / libraries with the following:
- Letter Home announcing the Author/Illustrator visit and book sale & signing
- ‘Meet the Author’ Posters for printing and promoting at school
- Secure Online Pre-Ordering to streamline book signing on the day and help REDUCE school admin
- Sample chapters or excerpts to be read in classes before event
- 15% discount for library / classroom books
- 15% Staff Discount for all book purchases
- Top Tips for Successful Events From an Author’s Perspective
- Event Check List covering logistics and equipment (so you know exactly who, what, where, when, and how things will happen on the day)
- Set-up and staff for book sales and signing at the event, and provide post-event order fulfilment with signed books (as available)
- *In the rare cases where time and distance prohibits our accompanying our Authors/Illustrators, we can provide all our support materials plus books on Sale-or-Return (Please see our SOR T&Cs for more details)
We look forward to eventing with you soon!
In the meantime, if you have any other questions, please just give us a shout! (Email is best as we are often out and about at events away from the phone.)
School Services Table of Contents: